Facilitating Lean-Agile Program Execution – With SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer Certification
At the STI SAFe Release Train Engineer workshop attendees explore the skills needed to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART through servant leadership and coaching. During this three-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of an RTE in the SAFe enterprise.
Through experiential learning, attendees will examine the RTE role in a Lean-Agile transformation. They will learn how to facilitate ART processes and execution, coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in new processes and mindsets. They will also learn how to prepare, plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Our RTE classes are facilitated by SPCTs with years of experience working with Release Train Engineers on some of the world’s most complex and challenging SAFe implementations.
Who will benefit from participating in the SAFe RTE workshop?
- Practicing RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers who are practicing some form of scaled agility – especially if it a SAFe or SAFe-like environment
- Scrum Masters in a SAFe or SAFe-like environment
- Leaders and managers focused relentlessly improving the performance of their Agile Release Trains/Solution Trains.
- Agile coaches working in a SAFe/SAFe-like environment
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) looking to be more effective in coaching ARTs and RTEs/STEs. Experienced SPCs can apply with SAI to teach the class inhouse or with their clients. (note: Public RTE classes can only be delivered by SPCTs)
SAFe RTE Workshop Learning Goals
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
Topics Covered in the SAFe Release Train Engineer workshop
- Exploring the RTE Role, Responsibilities, and Stances.
- Applying SAFe Principles in the RTE’s work with the ART
- Organizing the ART
- Advanced topics in Program Increment Planning
- Nuances of executing a Program Increment
- Inspecting and Adapting – Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Serving the ART – How the RTE can act as a servant leader
- Continuing Your Learning Journey
Recommended level of experience for the Release Train Engineer class
A digital Transformation Consulting Firm with a deeply experienced and pragmatic team that can guide you in your journey towards real agility, whether its Technical Agility or Operational Agility at team level.