This is a three-day interactive course that provides a workshop-type of experience.
In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
You will learn all you need to implement the SAFe Lean Portfolio Management competency:
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
Benefits of attending an STI Lean Portfolio Management SAFe workshop and becoming a Lean Portfolio Manager (LPM)
SAFe is the leading Scaled Agile approach but implementing it at the Program/ART level isn’t enough. More and more organizations are realizing the Lean Portfolio Management competency is required to effectively transform the organization towards business agility. The Lean Portfolio Management class will guide you in how to scale SAFe to the portfolio level in your organization. When used as an internal class it is actually a SAFe portfolio layer implementation workshop not just a training class.
Our Lean Portfolio Management SAFe classes are led by SAFe Program Consultant Trainers (SPCTs) and candidates – ensuring a high quality of delivery, real-world experience, and training professionalism.
Is the Lean Portfolio Management SAFe class for you? Should you pursue an LPM Certification?
Typical participants in the class include:
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
Recommended level of experience for the Lean Portfolio Management class
However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive.
• Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
• Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
• Experience working in a SAFe environment
A digital Transformation Consulting Firm with a deeply experienced and pragmatic team that can guide you in your journey towards real agility, whether its Technical Agility or Operational Agility at team level.